|DEPARTMENT:||Geriatric Day Hospital|
7.5 Hours per shift
(Subject to change)
SCALE MINIMUM MAXIMUM
NONU $25.89/hr $31.04/hr
- Provide effective and efficient administrative support and clerical services to the Geriatric Day Hospital. This may include a variety of assigned duties including but is not limited to preparing and distributing documents, scheduling and coordinating meetings, managing office supplies, and providing support to other Geriatric Day Hospital personnel as required.
- Provide first point of contact for information and assistance to the department’s internal/external customers – including redirecting phone/email inquiries to appropriate personnel.
- Ensure material required to committees & meetings are identified and provided to the teams.
- Assist in the development of reports/presentations including the development of illustrations (graphics) to support concepts.
- Format all reports/presentations using professional report writing standards as guidelines including ensuring the accuracy of spelling, grammar and other structural elements.
- Organize education and other events including scheduling, booking rooms, arranging catering, ordering and setting up audiovisual equipment.
- Assist in data collection related to techincal reports.
- Demonstrate the QCH values of respect, accountabilty and innovation.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration and 2 years experience in a health care setting.
- Or Office or Business Administration certificate/diploma from a recognized college program and 3 years experience in a health care setting.
- Or in lieu of formal education, 5 years of Administrative Assistant experience of which 2 years are in a health care setting.
- Ability to work as part of a team, to interrelate with all levels of staff in a professional manner, to work with minimal supervision to multitask, and continually prioritize duties.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and organizational skills.
- Profeciency in the use of Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Access is essential.
- Proven ability to work with data collection, produce reports and spreadsheets.