|POSITION:||Clinical Dietetic Technician|
|DEPARTMENT:||Food & Clinical Nutrition Services|
Days / Weekends
7.5 hours per shift (subject to change)
SCALE MINIMUM MAXIMUM
NONU $30.75/hr $36.93/hr
- To work collaboratively with the Food and Clinical Nutrition Services Team to ensure that all patients receive high quality nutrition services which meet Food and Clinical Nutrition Services departmental standards & guidelines.
- To determine, implement and plan nutritional care for patients on specified therapeutic diets or with requested food preferences, in conjunction with Clinical Dietitian & Speech Language Pathologist.
- Work independently to assess, develop, implement, document and monitor nutrition care plans for low nutritional risk patients within professional skill set.
- Work under the direction of the Clinical Dietitian with moderate to high nutritional risk patients.
- Responsible for communicating pertinent patient information to Clinical Dietitians in a timely and clear manner in order to ensure the patients’ nutritional care needs are met.
- Responsible for planning, assessing and correcting in accordance with physicians’ orders and/or dietitians’ instructions using diet patterns, nutritional manuals and patient preferences in order to ensure that patients receive the appropriate therapeutic nourishment.
- Responsible for interviewing patients, screening medical records and documenting information in patient charts in a timely manner that protects privacy and confidentiality.
- Assist assigned patients and update CBORD system with appropriate menu choices based on therapeutic diets or diet order modifications, food adverse reactions or allergies, preferences and other nutrition information.
- Screen nutrient goal audit and diet census for patients receiving therapeutic diets or diet order modifications. Review malnutrition screening report for patients identified at malnutrition risk or with poor oral intake daily.
- Responsible for orienting and training food service staff, supervisors, students (clinical dietetic interns & food service supervisors) with respect to therapeutic diets and processes.
- Responsible for assisting Dietitians with clinical administration and complete special projects for Food Services.
- Completes workload measurement statistics
- Attend relevant departmental meetings
- Maintain/develop a knowledge level which supports competent practice in assigned patient care areas through participating in self development activities, mentorship and relevant education activities.
- Responsible for participating & assisting Clinical Dietitians and Food Services with Nutrition Month activities.
- Demonstrates QCH values: accountability, innovation and respect
- Completion of Food Service Supervisors Program with membership in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management or an Accredited undergraduate university program in Food and Nutrition (or equivalent) combined with three (3) years related experience
- Have demonstrated knowledge of therapeutic diets, texture modifications and medical terminology
- Proven ability to work well and create a strong team setting
- Demonstrated commitment and responsibility to all aspects of the job
- Ability to independently assess, prioritize and adjust routines in accordance with the patient/unit activity and multiple simultaneous requests
- Sound and working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Meditech / CBORD experience an asset