Director, Human Resources
We are hiring for a Director, Human Resources. This individual leads Corporate Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the business’s goals and HR strategy and to partner on the highest impact workforce issues.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the business’s HR strategy.
- Supports business unit specific and organization-wide change efforts and initiatives.
- Instills and promotes a culture of customer service with all client groups while serving as a knowledge resource.
- Collaborates with client groups to promote effective employee relations through advice, guidance and support to all levels of management on issues related to performance management, investigations, complaints, policy interpretation and workplace accommodation.
- Oversees and orchestrates the delivery of human resource programs including, but not limited to, total rewards, talent management; succession planning, employee engagement, and training and development.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; works with the Talent Acquisition team to develop and execute best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics. Monitors HR Key Performance Indicators, operational indicators, quality and contractual indicators against standards and ensures we are meeting or exceeding targets/develop action plans to meet targets. (Turnover, employee satisfaction, funder metrics, etc.).
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with provincial/local employment laws and regulations, collective bargaining agreements, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- University Degree or completion of a College Diploma Program in Human Resources or related discipline and minimum of ten years of progressive human resources experience preferably in the health care industry. Human Resources Leader (CHRL) desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of an organization; excellent communication, public speaking and writing skills; superior judgement, analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Strong change management skills, alongside project management
- Strong relationship building, influencing and customer services skills to quickly build effective working relationships with the leadership team and with HR colleagues in Corporate HR.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and decision-making skills; ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format; strong entrepreneurial and marketing skills; ability to work independently and effectively lead a team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of personal computers and related software such as Windows and payroll/billing systems; commitment to continual learning; above average report writing and communication skills.
- Strong organizational, project management and execution skills to ensure successful delivery/implementation of HR projects, policies and processes.
- A high degree of flexibility required to adapt to multiple and competing priorities, often with competing deadlines.
- Familiar with all aspects of employment legislation including, but not limited to, Employment Standards Act, Pay Equity Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Human Rights Code.
- Experience in Long Term Care and Retirement would be considered an asset.
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 operated senior care and living centres, as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 individuals are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Extendicare’s Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Extendicare’s hiring process
Afficher la poste
Consultez tous les emplois disponibles à l’adresse suivante : Extendicare.