KDH is seeking an Executive Assistant who is a natural leader and knows how to help strong teams flourish in the face of rapid growth and program change. The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to the Vice President of Corporate Services. This will include support to the Board Management Office by coordinating the activities of the Board of Directors and Committees of the Board. You will have an essential role in supporting our shared commitment to Building Healthy Communities.
The successful candidate will share the KDH commitment to Patient and Family Centred Care and possess the following qualifications and related experience.
- A post-secondary clerical/business school or administrative diploma from an accredited business school/college;
- 5 years’ office management or administrative experience with at least 3 years of recent healthcare experience at a senior level;
- Must demonstrate strong task analysis and problem solving skills and excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Ability to work and adapt within short timelines, deal with numerous interruptions and work independently in a busy multi-tasking environment.
- Strong organizational, communication, planning and time management skills;
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and initiative within the scope of the role;
- Board of Director experience in formal agenda preparation and minute-taking would be a definite asset;
Please note: In order to work in a healthcare facility, the Public Hospitals Act 1990, Regulation 965 requires all employees to provide proof of up-to-date immunization/vaccines for the following diseases: Tuberculin Skin Testing (TB), Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella (Chicken Pox), Hepatitis B, Tetanus/Diphtheria (DTap), Influenza (during flu season) and three COVID shots. This proof must be provided to our Occupational Health Office in order to be cleared to work.