|HOURS:||Approximately 75.0 Bi-weekly Hours|
Days / Evenings / Nights / Weekends / On-Call
Scale Minimum Maximum
IUOE01 $32.17/hr $34.54/hr
- The Facility Specialist shall be an Operating Engineer that also performs the duties of a Facility Engineer and Millwright.
- Major responsibilities include but are not limited to troubleshooting, repair, maintenance, and the performance of regular preventative maintenance on all related mechanical equipment and building engineering systems throughout the Hospital as indicated in the QCH Plant Operations Guidelines Manual and/or best practices.
- Operate and maintain the Hospital’s Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning systems (HVAC), Building Automation system, P-tube system, Medical Vacuum, Medical Air systems, etc.
- Ensure all building engineering systems are operating in accordance with industry guidelines
- Ensure all steam generating equipment is operating in accordance with any and all Acts and Regulations
- Monitor and record the daily testing of water treatment in accordance with recognized industry standards
- Liaise with outside authorities having jurisdiction including but not limited to Ottawa Hydro, Enbridge, TSSA and insurance companies
- Engage and oversee outside contractors to perform all testing including Legionella, cogen oil samples and all other plant related water testing to ensure operations are within industry guideline
- Maintain isolation room controllers & troubleshoot, maintain and replace Cogeneration system parts
- Demonstrate the QCH values of respect, accountability and innovation.
- College Degree, Power Engineering Technology Advanced Diploma
- 2 year experience in building operating systems, refrigeration systems, or a gasfitter
- TSSA 4th Class Operating Engineer Certification
- Building trade certification as a HVAC technician, millwright, etc
- TSSA 3rd Class Operating Engineer Certification
- Systems Maintenance Technician through Building Owners and Managers Institute
- Mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to work independently and autonomously
- Knowledge of building automation system component and operation
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications to applied relevant codes and standards