Category: Culinary and Food Services
Location: Kingston, ON
If you’re passionate about leading a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Food Services Supervisor is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents through the strong leadership and motivation of Sienna team members.
As a Food Services Supervisor your typical day will impact in the following ways:
• Consults and works with the home’s Dietitian as necessary on operational/clinical issues.
• Supervises food and drink production including food and non-food purchases, receiving, inventory control and implementation and follow up of production sheets in the department.
• May assist in that the Dietary Department operates in compliance with provincial long-term care legislation related to dietary standards, as well as with other relevant legislation affecting the department e.g. Occupational Health and Safety Committee, Ontario Labour Act, Union agreements, Human Rights Code, Public Health legislation.
• Ensure that the recommended menu package is being followed.
• Ensure invoices are approved and sent to Support Services Office according to set policies.
• Supervises all aspects of food production and service of all meals and nourishments.
• Conducts a daily inspection of the kitchen and serveries to identify and resolve problem issues.
• Conducts regular meal service rounds for all dining areas in the home.
• May assist in maintenance of all temperature sheets for all meals, refrigerators, freezer and dish machine temperature records.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Must be a member of the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management. Student memberships are not applicable.
• Member of or eligible for membership in the Ontario Society of Nutrition Management.
• A minimum of 1 year experience in large quantity food preparation, financial planning and food purchasing.
• Supervisory experience in a unionized environment and/or in a long term care setting.
• Must be knowledgeable of the Ontario Food Premises Regulation, Public Health regulations, Food Safety Code of Practice and Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating, ORCA, relevant sections of the Long Term Care Homes Act and regulations 2007 and OH&S Act.
• Sound knowledge of the requirements of Canada’s Food Guide and the techniques of large-scale purchase and preparation of food for a LTC environment.
• Experience in large-scale budget and financial management as it relates to the operation of the Dietary Department.
• Working knowledge and understanding of the dietary and nutritional care needs and menu planning for the elderly, including special diets and textures.
• Computer skills including Excel/Word/Outlook.
• Effective verbal and written English communication skills required.
• All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
• All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
Bonus points for having:
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the long-term care home sector is an asset (preferred experience).
• Knowledge of Point Click Care and Synergy Program an asset.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.