Human Resources Advisor
Are you an experienced Human Resources Advisor who is looking for an opportunity to make your mark and help shape a business that is innovating, transforming and growing? Are you looking for a role that will allow you to flex your creative side to build tools and processes and drive continuous improvement initiatives needed to support that growth? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where your expertise in human resources is valued and leveraged by the clients you support?
If this sounds like you, we have an amazing opportunity for you! Extendicare is seeking a dynamic Human Resources Advisor to act as the key HR contact, providing coaching and solutions to business leaders for a specific region and/or supporting departments. The successful candidate will work as part of the HR team to provide a broad spectrum of HR services to their client groups in areas such as employee relations and performance management, compensation, benefits, HR policy, and metrics/reporting.
This position will be located at our Head Office in Markham, Ontario and will have flexibility for both remote and in-office work based on our hybrid work model.
- Support business leaders with specialized and strategic HR advice in resolving employee and labour relations matters
- Effectively collaborate with business and Union partners to complete cross-functional tasks and resolve people matters that arise, including MOL inquiries/disputes
- In collaboration with HR leadership, partners with client groups to understand operational needs; obtain feedback for program design and create HR solutions appropriate to their business.
- Take the lead on employee incident reviews and investigations with home Administrators/leaders to ensure processes are followed consistently and due diligence has been done.
- Provide sound advice on workplace policies & procedures and share knowledge appropriately on applicable provincial legislation.
- Facilitate the implementation, interpretation and application of Extendicare’s company policies, collective agreements, projects and programs.
- Accountable to deliver key projects in support of the business priorities, including root cause analysis, implementation, communication and change management of deliverables.
- Collaborate with your peers and key business stakeholders to add to the collective innovative thinking that can drive new ideas and processes.
- Develop and deliver training on HR-related topics to management, supervisors and employees as required.
- Evaluate needs and gaps in HR approaches and services for the business units and develop a plan to address requirements.
- Proactively leverage & analyze key HR metrics (headcount and turnover etc), identify trends & issues and partner with the business to implement relevant solutions.
- Maintain/enhance awareness of HR best practices and emerging issues both internally and externally to ensure our practices are relevant, market-competitive and supportive of the Extendicare Culture, Values and employment brand.
- Work with business leaders to elevate knowledge of HR trends and leading practices and provide insights around areas of opportunity for improvement or performance.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- University Degree or completion of a College Diploma Program in Human Resources. CHRP designation an asset.
- 5+ years of relevant HR/LR work experience within a Human Resources department with at least 3 years as an HR/LR generalist.
- Experience in unionized environment considered an asset.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of human resources policy and practice and of relevant HR and employment-related legislation in applicable jurisdictions, including laws pertaining to Employment Standards and Human Rights.
- Thrive in fast-paced environment and driven to deliver results.
- High energy, strong work ethic, resiliency, versatility and flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Enjoys a challenge and committed to building a high-performance organization.
- Excellent organizational, project management and execution skills to ensure successful delivery/implementation of HR projects, policies and processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HRIS.
What Extendicare has to offer:
At Extendicare, we believe that working as a team creates an environment that allows us to reach our potential. We value each employee, encourage equal opportunity for growth and recognize achievement. As a valued member of our team, you can expect:
- Continuous mentorship, support for life-long learning and growth opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth within the organization
- A rewarding and meaningful work experience where you can enrich your life and the lives of others through your work.
- Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Robust benefits package.
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 operated senior care and living centres, as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 individuals are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Extendicare’s Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Extendicare’s hiring process
Afficher la poste
Consultez tous les emplois disponibles à l’adresse suivante : Extendicare.