REGISTERED NURSE – FJ Davey
Permanent Part Time
The FJ Davey Home, a 374 Bed facility, in Sault Ste Marie, ON is looking for a part time RN position
The Registered Nurse will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Long Term Care Standards and Extendicare Standards.
· Ensure resident care is provided with established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
· Assist in assessing residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents’ health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physicians’ orders.
· Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing and personal care staff assigned to the unit. Orient and train new personnel and may participate in in-service education. Monitor performance and conduct performance appraisal and refers problems to the Director of Care.
· Assist in preparing the Facility for RAI MDS.
· Take charge of the Facility in the absence of the Director of Care.
· Staff replacement in the absence of the care clerk.
· Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
· Registration or eligible for registration with the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario.
· Previous managerial experience in long-term care preferred.
· Experience dealing with the cognitively impaired.
· Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as Knowledge in Infection Control Practices.
· Demonstrated commitment to working with seniors.
· Ability to work effectively individually and with others while prioritizing tasks to handle the most urgent first.
· Ability to present information clearly and effectively both verbally whether in person or over the phone, and in writing; an active listener who projects a friendly demeanor.
· Ability to collect and use information to thoroughly think through problems and situations; puts information from various sources together to see the ‘big picture’, and generate creative solutions.
· Organizational, planning, time management and multi-tasking skills.
FJ Davey is managed by Extendicare Canada Inc., a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of more than 100 senior care and living centers as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of more than 20,000 team members are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada.
Part Time Registered Nurse – FJ Davey
Consultez tous les emplois disponibles à l’adresse suivante : Extendicare.