(Full Time – Day and Evening shifts )
Candidates are invited to apply for the above positions to work at our Wyndham Manor, a 128-bed long-term care facility, located in Oakville, Ontario.
Reporting to the Director of Care, the RN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Long Term Care Standards and Extendicare Standards.
- Ensure resident care is provided with established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
- Assist in assessing residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents’ health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physicians’ orders.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing and personal care staff assigned to the unit. Orient and train new personnel and may participate in in-service education. Monitor performance and conduct performance appraisal and refers problems to the Director of Care.
- Assist in leading different committees as per best practices
- Assist in rapid Panbio testing
- Take charge of the Facility in the absence of the Director of Care or Floor Lead RN.
- Staff replacement in the absence of the care clerk.
- Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Registration or eligible for registration with the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario.
- Previous managerial experience in long-term care preferred.
- Experience dealing with the cognitively impaired.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as Knowledge in Infection Control Practices.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with seniors.
- Ability to work effectively individually and with others while prioritizing tasks to handle the most urgent first.
- Ability to present information clearly and effectively both verbally whether in person or over the phone, and in writing; an active listener who projects a friendly demeanor.
- Ability to collect and use information to thoroughly think through problems and situations; puts information from various sources together to see the ‘big picture’, and generate creative solutions.
- Organizational, planning, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- GPA training and RAI MDS knowledge
CLOSING DATE: March 26, 2023
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Karla Da Silva
Director of Care
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Afficher la poste
Consultez tous les emplois disponibles à l’adresse suivante : Extendicare.