KDH is seeking Registered Nurses for our Emergency Department: 1 permanent full-time (1.0 FTE), 3 permanent part-time (0.49 FTE), 1 permanent part-time (0.375 FTE), 1 temporary part-time (0.55 FTE) as well as casual positions. The successful candidates will share the KDH commitment to Patient and Family Centred Care and possess the following qualifications and related experience:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Current BCLS and ACLS certificates;
- Current TNCC certificate (or willing to obtain within first year of employment);
- Current ER experience or other comparable Critical Care experience – Recovery Room or Intensive Care Unit (3-5 years preferred);
- Basic Arrhythmia Interpretation course;
- Coronary Care course / ECG interpretation skills;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- CTAS training (preferred);
- Emergency Nursing certificate (preferred);
- PALS/ENCP certificate (an asset);
- Current membership in a professional association (preferred).
Starting wage: $34.24 per hour or past experience recognition as per Article 19.05 of the ONA Central Agreement.
Shifts: Rotation – days, evenings, nights and weekends; 8 and 12 hour shifts.
Please note: In order to work in a healthcare facility, the Public Hospitals Act 1990, Regulation 965 requires all employees to provide proof of up-to-date immunization/vaccines for the following diseases: Tuberculin Skin Testing (TB), Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella (Chicken Pox), Hepatitis B, Tetanus/Diphtheria (DTap) and Influenza (during flu season).This proof must be provided to our Occupational Health Office in order to be cleared to work