KDH is seeking Registered Nurses in the Medical/Surgical/Orthopaedic/Critical Care/CCP Unit on a permanent part-time (2 x 0.6 FTE) and (4 x 0.55 FTE) and casual basis. The successful candidates will share the KDH commitment to Patient and Family Centred Care and possess the following qualifications and related experience.
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Current BCLS and ACLS Certificates;
- Recent Medical, Surgical, Gerontology experience;
- Recent Arrhythmia Interpretation Course;
- Experience in non-invasive ventilation (eg. BiPap);
- Experience in the initiation of IVs and administration of life saving medications;
- Basic computer skills;
- Excellent Communications skills – verbal and written;
- Reliability and dependability – good attendance record;
- Current TNCC Certificate (preferred);
- Emergency or Critical Care Nursing Certificate (preferred);
- Recent Critical Care or ER experience (3 – 5 years preferred).
Shifts: Rotation – days, evenings, nights and weekends; 8 and 12 hour shifts.
Starting Wage: $34.24 or past experience recognition as per Article 19.05 of the ONA Central Agreement.
Please note: In order to work in a healthcare facility, the Public Hospitals Act 1990, Regulation 965 requires all employees to provide proof of up-to-date immunization/vaccines for the following diseases: Tuberculin Skin Testing (TB), Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella (Chicken Pox), Hepatitis B, Tetanus/Diphtheria (DTap) and Influenza (during flu season). This proof, along with proof of double COVID-19 vaccination, must be provided to our Occupational Health Office in order to be cleared to work.