- Quart de jour du lundi au vendredi tous les deux week-ends – Horaire sujet à changer
- Équipes de nuit du lundi au vendredi tous les deux week-ends – Horaire sujet à changer
- Horaire de tous les quarts de travail et week-ends – Horaire sujet à changer
- Quart de soir du lundi au vendredi et tous les deux week-ends – Horaire sujet à changer
- 7:00am-15:00pm – Schedule subject to change
- 1900-0700 – Schedule subject to change
- 1500 – 2300 – Schedule subject to change
- 2300-0700 – Schedule subject to change
As part of the Cornwall Community Hospital (CCH), you will uphold the mission, vision and ICARE values in order to create a safe environment for patients, families, staff, physicians and volunteers, recognizing “Patient Safety” and “Our People” as priorities in creating a culture of safety and a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion. Cornwall Hospital is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment/selection process.
Emergency preparedness is a critical aspect of CCH operations. It is essential that all staff and physicians receive training and understand their roles and responsibilities in this field.
Summary of responsibilities
The Registered Practical Nurse provides comprehensive, high quality patient focused care while meeting the standards of Nursing as well as embody a culture of caregiver inclusion in the patient’s plan of care. This team will cover absences on any unit for the duration of his/her shift. The nurse will take on a full assignment and work collaboratively with the patient care team on the unit in which he/she is assigned.
Requirements of the job
• Graduate of a 2 year Community College Practical Nurse Program
• Certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
• Demonstrated regular, punctual attendance
• Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
• RPN medication administration certification
• Current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Advanced Certification
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in acute Medical and/or Surgical setting
• Functional level in both official languages (oral and written in English; oral in French – and testing completed)
• Clinical competencies as related to the patient population served on the unit/program of employment
• Certificate in Psychiatric Nursing for Registered Practical Nurses
• Membership in RPNAO
Key skills or competencies
• Superior interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
• Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team.
• Completes mandatory training as required at the unit level
• Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to change
• Excellent patient assessment, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
• Ability to develop, implement, evaluate, and adapt a therapeutic nursing plan (care plan)