|POSITION:||Ultrasound Technologist – 2 POSITIONS|
|CONDITIONS:||Part-time (0.60 FTE)|
Approximately 45.0 bi-weekly hours
Days / Evenings / Nights / Weekends / On Call
7.5 hours per shift (subject to change)
SCALE MINIMUM MAXIMUM
OPSE08 $32.99/hr $45.55/hr
- The primary function of this position is to perform all types of Ultrasound examinations on all types of patients in a caring customer focused manner consistent with your knowledge, skill, judgement and training, while adhering to all QCH and department policies and procedures.
- Under minimal supervision, the incumbent is responsible for careful use of all ultrasound imaging equipment, including office equipment used to perform associated duties.
- Perform ultrasound examinations, being perceptive to patient’s needs and attentive to requests of the referring physician and Radiologist.
- Practice within the Code of Ethics of their regulatory body, the hospital, and department policies and procedures, and take particular precautions to follow the isolation procedures and use protective devices provided when exposed to infectious patients.
- Demonstrate QCH values: accountability, innovation, respect
- Graduated from an accredited school of Medical Sonography
- As of January 1, 2019, must be registered with College of Medical Radiation Technologist of Ontario
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent technical and patient care skills
- General knowledge regarding the operation of computers, automated and semi- automated instrumentation/equipment.