|HOURS:||Approximately 75.0 hrs Bi-weekly Hours|
7.5 Hours per shift
(Subject to change)
SCALE MINIMUM MAXIMUM
NONU $25.89/hr $31.04/hr
- Support the Medical Planning committee in all its functions, including recording and preparing minutes, room booking and catering, compiling agenda items, distributing meeting material.
- In conjunction with Department Chief and Decision Support, create impact analyses for each new medical staff candidate/position.
- Act as Medical Human Resources coordinator, working with Department Chiefs to compile the annual Medical HR plan.
- Act as main Administrative support for annual clinical program planning, capital equipment ranking, and all other planning processes as needed.
- Responsible for the collection of materials pertinent to the credentialing of all Board Appointed Professional staff (including Physicians, Midwives, and Dentists). This includes liaising with new candidates, and collecting all relevant medical, legal, and hospital documentation required for appointment (letters of reference, proof of insurance, police checks, etc).
- Liaise with Department Chiefs regarding new candidates.
- Ensure appropriate MAC/Board approval is obtained and ensure appropriate departments/staff are made aware of new appointments.
- Track all privileges to ensure impact evaluations are completed and privileges are advanced in a timely manner.
- Provide new professional staff with an orientation to relevant areas of the hospital, and facilitate access to ID badge, parking, computer/network, dictation etc.
- Responsible for the facilitating the annual reappointment process of all professional staff.
- Ensure reappointment forms are up-to-date and contain all necessary information, including physician attendance records; chart completion records, workplace safety training records, and N95 mask fit testing records for all physicians.
- Collect and process payments of Medical Staff fees, as well as providing receipts.
- Facilitate the annual medical staff committee appointment process.
- Meet with the Chief of Staff, and all Department Chiefs to gather feedback/decisions on committee appointment.
- Compile all information, and prepare letters informing the Medical Staff of their new or renewed committee membership.
- Provide administrative support to the Ethics Committee, the Interdisciplinary Mortality & Morbidity Review Committee, and the Medical Planning Committee and Utilization Review & Management Committee.
- Draft agendas, and compile/organize all required meeting material to be distributed in a timely manner to committee members.
- Ensure the Medical Affairs physician information database is maintained and provide reports and statistical analysis as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating Medical Staff Website.
- Department Chiefs Support: Distribute agendas and minutes for departmental meetings (Medicine, Medicine Division Leads, Emergency & Surgery), coordinate rounds, and prepare and distribute notices. Send all team meeting invites to all departments for monthly meetings.
- Prepare and track annual committee membership for all physicians.
- Assist in preparations for the Medical Advisory Committee
- Responsible for facilitating various physician stipends/lead payments, including management of the HOCC program.
- Ensure HST declarations are on file as appropriate for all physicians.
- Publish the yearly Medical Staff List.
- Requires an Office Administration or Medical Office Administration certificate/diploma from an accredited program
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in a medical office, and/or completion of an accredited administration/business program.
- Medical Terminology
- Ability to work as part of a team, and communicate with all levels of staff in a professional manner, work with minimal supervision while continuously prioritizing duties
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Teams.
- Proficient use in Adobe suites.
- Uphold the QCH values and C.A.R.E. (Communication, Accountability, Respect, Engagement Standards)