Category: Nursing and Wellness
Location: Kingston, ON
If you’re passionate about leading a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Assistant Director of Wellness is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents through the strong leadership and motivation of Sienna team members.
As an Assistant Director of Wellness, your typical day will impact the following ways:
• Collaborating with the Director of Wellness to promote and ensure standards of practice are achieved and evaluated; completing resident assessments, developing service plans and arranging resident/family care conferences as required to ensure all data is valid and up to date.
• Ensuring resident care needs are assessed; developing plan of care and determining corresponding care fees and staffing requirements.
• Collaborating with the Director of Wellness to schedule and adjust staffing levels to ensure consistency with the residence’s occupancy levels, the acuity of the residents and the services being offered.
• Overseeing and supervising the medication administration program including administering of medications, completing audits, monitor control and safekeeping of drugs and narcotics.
• Developing professional and collaborative relationships with hospital team, participate in marketing outreach such as presentations on wellness services and aging in place philosophy and interviews prospective residents and conducts assessments to determine suitability for admission.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• In good standing with current registration with the College of Nurses in Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in geriatrics, rehabilitation and/or retirement living.
• Must possess excellent supervisory and leadership abilities.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
• All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.