|POSITION:||Clinical Systems Analyst
7.5 hours per shift (subject to change)
Scale Minimum Maximum
NONU $39.78/hr $47.73/hr
- The Clinical Systems Analyst collects, assesses, and analyzes user requirements, departmental and/or hospital work flow, and supports process redesign and system changes by using a variety of methodical processes and tools to ensure systems meet the needs of clinicians and staff of QCH and of the regional CHAMP partner organizations to deliver safe quality care.
- Facilitate the design, build and ongoing maintenance of clinical content within the shared Electronic Health Record (EHR) applications. In this role the Clinical Systems Analyst acts as the translator for the needs of the patients/clinicians/organizations in the utilization of the HER and is integral in the researching, data gathering, configuring, testing, reporting, monitoring, and auditing of human interface usage and system functionality that enable best practices and clinical decision support into clinical workflow at the point of care.
- With a clinical/health care background, this role will provide leadership and assist in implementing and supporting clinical applications including Electronic Medication Administration, Electronic Physician Documentation, Electronic Clinical Documentation, and Computerized Physician Order Entry within a shared electronic patient record for QCH and regional CHAMP partners.
- Identify and asses need for and prioritize change and requirements supporting the evolution of the EPR that is required for patient safety, outcomes, and workflow efficiencies throughout the system lifecycle.
- Work collaboratively with other team members within QCH and regional CHAMP partner organizations to evolve and support electronic patient record initiatives.
- Post secondary degree in a clinical health sciences discipline
- Minimum of five (5) years clinical / patient care experience
- Minimum of three (3) years clinical informatics or clinical application analyst experience
- Qualified for professional practice in Ontario and eligible for registration with their discipline specific College in Ontario
- Strong project management, quality improvement, and change management skills
- Demonstrated success in building, implementing, and supporting an electronic Health Information System or electronic clinical applications
- Requires sound oral and written communication skills; good interpersonal and teamwork skills. Ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks with multiple clients under tight deadlines.
- Experience with MEDITECH clinical, administrative, and financial application.
- Experience with Numara TrackIt
- Experience in workflow and process redesign