The Ottawa Hospital
Department COVID Supply Chain Taskforce
Union Group CUPE 4000
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Salary Range 30.657 – 32.820 Hour
Job ID 79742
Number of Vacancies 1
| About The Ottawa Hospital
Inspired by research and driven by compassion!
The Ottawa Hospital (TOH) is one of Canada’s largest learning and research multi-campus hospitals. With more than 1,100 beds and approximately 12,000 staff members, we deliver specialized care to the Eastern Ontario region.
From the compassion of our people to the relentless pursuit of new discoveries, The Ottawa Hospital never stops seeking solutions to the most complex health-care challenges while continually engaging with the community to support our vision for better patient care.
Working together with its research institute, the University of Ottawa, and other partners, the hospital is continually gaining national and international recognition for high-quality patient care, teaching and research, while striving to meet the needs of the culturally diverse community we serve.
| Position Information
Join our team as a Corporate Buyer!
The Procurement team is recognized and trusted as leading procurement professionals who provide strategic value and industry best practices to support the world-class care provided at The Ottawa Hospital. As a Corporate Buyer you will assist with inventory, planning, requisitioning, supply chain management, contract management, data analysis, operations and vendor management. The Corporate Buyer is responsible for the management of contracts/agreements as well as the procurement of goods and services for The Ottawa Hospital and its affiliated organizations. The home campus is at the Civic Campus. This position currently is supported by remote working the successful candidate must have a reliable internet connection.
Temporary position approximately until March 31, 2022.
Days, Monday to Friday, 8 hour shifts (08:00-16:00).
*For information purposes only – The Hospital reserves the right to change.
| What you will do
- Establish terms and conditions for contracts/agreements including, but not limited to; pricing, rebate structures, logistical information, restocking fees, and terms for return of goods;
- Request quotations from vendors when necessary as per TOH purchasing policy;
- Throughout the lifespan of an agreement evaluate a company’s performance reliability and solvency;
- Work with companies to resolve issues of supply, demand and cost;
- Provide supply and cost analysis to management and the operations team;
- Administer and manage contract documents while recording anomalies and deficiencies within The Ottawa Hospital’s Oracle ERP system;
- Communicate any contractual changes to the data administration team;
- Research possible substitutions for cost savings opportunities;
- Handle requests regarding source of supply, delivery scheduling and availability of products and service;
- Perform conflict resolution between vendors and end users pertaining to supply suitability, expectations and execution;
- Communicate and meet with vendor representatives;
- Ensure that all procurement activity follows appropriate guidelines and policies.
| Basic Requirements
- Completion of at least two years in a related program in a field related to Commerce/Business, Health Science, Arts and Design, Computers and Technology, Sciences, Social Sciences, Legal Studies or Engineering; in Business Administration or equivalent;
- Introduction to Procurement/Buying course from Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC), OR Procurement course/Strategic Sourcing course from Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA) or an equivalent procurement or buying related course with a minimum of two years related experience;
- Minimum two years’ recent procurement experience;
- Strong Knowledge of Word, Excel and office 365
- Data Entry (4000 keystrokes/hour);
- Understanding of RFP and tendering process;
- Knowledge of regulations concerning procurement, licensing and transportation of hazardous materials and operations guidelines;
- Knowledge of industry and business practices involving sales, production and supply to spend procurement funds efficiently and effectively;
- Must possess intellectual knowledge to understand and interpret legal tenders and contractual documents;
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills (to assist in responding to complaints from unsuccessful bidders);
- Familiarity with National Revenue Tax and Customs and Tariff Regulations;
- Cost analysis methods and techniques;
- Knowledge of management process to resolve procurement issues to maximize the use of departmental funds;
- Extensive knowledge of materials management cycle;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to clarify for vendors: terms and conditions of proposed tenders and RFP’s, procurement policies, technical and legal information;
- Exceptional oral and written skills to prepare requests for quotations and provide accurate, clear, and concise correspondence;
- Must demonstrate exceptional mathematics, analytical, and financial computing skills;
- Must possess tact and extremely good judgment and exhibit professionalism and respect confidentiality guidelines;
- Ability to multi task and handle constant interruptions;
- Eligible to work in Canada.
| You will stand out with:
- Experience working with Oracle or a similar ERP system;
- Certification in healthcare supply chain;
- Knowledge of healthcare procurement policy and regulations;
- Previous experience and supply chain background.
| What you can expect from us
The Ottawa Hospital is committed to providing a healthy, safe, and inclusive work environment for everyone. We are driven by our purpose to provide each patient with the world-class care, exceptional service and compassion we would want for our loved ones.
We offer an attractive and equitable compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package, a Defined Benefit Pension (DBP) plan, and insurance protection. We also offer discounts from choice providers on a variety of products and services.
The Ottawa Hospital provides various Health and Wellness resources as well as opportunities for personal and professional development opportunities from our in-house Learning and Leadership Development team to help align your goals with your career objectives.
| Interested? Apply today!
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient safety as we are, we would like to hear from you. Please submit an on-line application for the position you are interested in. Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as TOH cannot make assumptions about your education, experience and minimum requirements required for the postings. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The Ottawa Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the recruitment process.
View all careers available at : The Ottawa Hospital.