REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE – FJ Davey Home
Permanent Full Time position
Candidates are invited to apply for the above positions to work at our F.J. Davey Home, a 374-bed long-term care facility, located in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Reporting to the Director of Care, the RPN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Long Term Care Standards and Extendicare Standards.
· Ensure resident care is provide with established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents, and initiate remedial health measures where appropriate. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
· Assess residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents’ health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physician orders.
· Organize and direct functions and activities related to provision of care to residents including restorative care and palliative care as required. Interprets and implements established policies, procedures, and regulations.
· Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing and personal care staff assigned to the unit. Orient and train new personnel and may participate in in-service education. Monitor performance and conduct performance appraisal and refers problems to the Director of Care.
· Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
· Registration or eligible for registration with the Registered Practical Nurses Association of Ontario.
· Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as knowledge in Infection Control Practices.
· Effective human relation skills and demonstrated commitment to working with seniors.
· Effective communication skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively are essential.
Closing Date: November 30, 2023
FJ Davey home is managed by Extendicare Canada Inc., a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of more than 100 senior care and living centers as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of more than 20,000 team members are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada.
Full Time Registered Practical Nurse – FJ Davey
View all careers available at : Extendicare.