MDS RAI Coordinator- Port Stanley
At Extendicare, we believe that working as a team and celebrating achievements creates an environment that allows us to reach our potential. As a valued member of our leadership team, will assist with meeting MDS/RAI timelines and teaching staff about the requirements for data collection and reporting guidelines that support the Home’s funding. If you’re passionate about leading a team that is committed to quality care and driven by innovation and growth, join us!
This position is for our Port Stanley Home, located in Port Stanley, Ontario.
What you’ll be doing:
- Coordinates the completion of MDS assessment on all residents within established timelines.
- Understands how the MDS assessment integrates with existing clinical tools and provides leadership in streamlining these processes.
- Understands and provides critical analysis of data at different levels of aggregation. (Resident, Home Health Zone, etc.).
- Articulates for staff the strengths of MDS as a clinical assessment tool including how RAP triggers and care plans enhance quality care.
- Articulates the financial implications of coding inconsistencies.
- Acts as key contact and liaison with: Health Zone/AH&W/CIHI/PCC or others as appropriate on RAI data.
- Develops facility specific material within the PCC program as required.
- Locks/Unlocks the RAI individual assessments as required.
- Batches and submits assessments quarterly to appropriate data repository.
- Responds to Health Zone on all submission errors.
- Facilitates response and correction of submission errors with facility staff.
- Coaches key facility personnel to build capacity for understanding RUG patient classification levels.
- Develops and introduces processes, and systems to improve accuracy of RAI content.
- Facilitates audits of RAI assessments for content accuracy.
- Develops systems to decrease coding error rates.
- Participates in strategic planning for program development/improvement.
- Keeps current on RAI trends.
- Responsible for Clinical and Admin Setup role to support MDS within PCC software program.
- Interprets reports generated by Health Zone/AH&W or CIHI and provides critical analysis for Home.
- Understands the development of RAP’s, quality indicators, and RUG case mix products.
What you bring:
- 3-5 years’ experience in Long Term Care, experience with MDS an asset
- Strong analytical and assessment skills
- Ability to lead training and education with Adult learners
- Knowledge of: InterRAI suite of tools, MDS/RUG III patient classification systems.
- Working Knowledge of: Project Management Principles, Industry Knowledge, Principles of Adult Education, Facilitation, Problem Solving, Continuous Quality Improvement Principles, Data Analysis, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively.
What you’ll get:
- Continuous mentorship, support for life-long learning and growth opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth within the organization
- A rewarding and meaningful work experience where you can enrich your life and the lives of others
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Robust benefits package.
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 operated senior care and living centres, as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 individuals are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada.
Interested applicants should forward their resume to the attention of:
Lindsey Smeltzer, Director of Care, Extendicare Port Stanley
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Extendicare’s Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Extendicare’s hiring process.
Extendicare recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, patients, team members and visitors from COVID-19. As such, subject to medical exemptions, a condition of employment with Extendicare is requiring that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
View all careers available at : Extendicare.