Queensway Carleton Hospital (QCH)
The Ottawa Hospital – Civic Campus (TOHC)
The Ottawa Hospital – General Campus (TOHG)
The Ottawa Hospital – Riverside Campus (TOHR)
This is a Full-Time Relief position which will provide service at EORLA’s Montfort Hospital (Core Lab), Queensway Carleton Hospital (Core Lab) and The Ottawa Hospital (Hematology, Biochemistry and limited Transfusion Medicine) sites.
This position is responsible for the management of sample reception, accessioning and preparation for diagnostic testing, analysis, interpretation and result reporting of clinical/pathology samples. Assists with training. Identifies/resolves unsuitable specimens, keeps records of all tests and procedures performed. May rotate through different specified job functions.
Days, evenings and nights, including weekends, 8 hour shifts. Rotation to MH, QCH and all TOH campuses will be required. For information purposes only – EORLA reserves the right to change.
• Graduation from an accredited MLT program or equivalent CSMLS prior learning assessment program;
• Current registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO) in the appropriate fields of practice including Hematology, Transfusion Medicine and Biochemistry;
• Minimum of six months recent experience inclusive of Core Lab, Hematology, Biochemistry and/or Transfusion Medicine (minimum of 2 of these disciplines);
• Knowledge of relevant accreditation standards, health care regulations, and knowledge in medical laboratory theory, principles and practices;
• Understands occupational health and safety legislation;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Sound problem solving and conflict resolution skills;
• Travel between laboratory sites is required.
As a pre-condition of employment, all new EORLA employees will be required to obtain and provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check dated within six (6) months from the date of issue.
*Mandatory Vaccination Policy*
Per EORLA’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, if you are successful in the selection process, an offer of employment is conditional upon presentation of government issued documentation confirming that you have been fully vaccinated with a vaccine that has been approved in Canada. Any individual who cannot be vaccinated on medical grounds or other grounds recognized by the Human Rights Code can request an accommodation.
Please note that with respect to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Ontario Human Rights Commission’s (OHRC) position has been that a singular belief or personal preference against vaccinations and/or masks is not protected on the ground of creed under the Code.
• Relevant university degree from a recognized program;
• Recent experience in Core Lab, Hematology, Transfusion Medicine and Biochemistry (within the last 5 years);
• Recent experience in RBC morphology/WBC manual differentials, specifically in the field of malignant hematopathology;
• Experience providing service in Acute Care/Community Care Hospital locations;
• Experience working with Laboratory Information Systems including EPIC Beaker and Meditech;
• Bilingual – proficiency in speaking and comprehending both English and French;
• Posses a valid driver’s license and vehicle for travel between laboratory sites.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Eastern Ontario Regional Laboratory Association (EORLA) is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please submit your online application by 11:59 p.m. EST the day the job posting closes. It is mandatory that you provide a throughly completed application with all the necessary information to help us determine whether you meet the qualifications as outlined on the job posting. Failure to do so will result in your being screened out of the competition. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Thank you for your cooperation and assistance.