This position is responsible for the management of sample reception, accessioning and preparation for diagnostic testing, analysis, interpretation and result reporting of clinical/pathology samples. Assists with training. Identifies/resolves unsuitable specimens, keeps records of all tests and procedures performed. May rotate through different specified job functions.
Days, evenings and nights, including weekends, 8 hour shifts. For information purposes only – EORLA reserves the right to change.
• Graduation from an accredited MLT program or equivalent CSMLS prior learning assessment program;
• Current registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO) in the appropriate field of practice;
• Knowledge of relevant accreditation standards, health care regulations, and knowledge in medical laboratory theory, principles and practices;
• Understands occupational health and safety legislation;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Sound problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
As a pre-condition of employment, all new EORLA employees will be required to obtain and provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check dated within six (6) months from the date of issue.
*Mandatory Vaccination Policy*
Per EORLA’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, if you are successful in the selection process, an offer of employment is conditional upon presentation of government issued documentation confirming that you have been fully vaccinated with a vaccine that has been approved in Canada. Any individual who cannot be vaccinated on medical grounds or other grounds recognized by the Human Rights Code can request an accommodation.
Please note that with respect to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Ontario Human Rights Commission’s (OHRC) position has been that a singular belief or personal preference against vaccinations and/or masks is not protected on the ground of creed under the Code.
• Minimum of six months to one year of experience unless clinical placement was conducted in one of EORLA’s labs;
• Relevant university degree from a recognized program;
• Bilingualism is considered an asset.
New graduates from a recognized MLT program are encouraged to apply as EORLA provides a supportive working environment, in-lab training and regular check-ins via experienced colleagues and leaders.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Eastern Ontario Regional Laboratory Association (EORLA) is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please submit your online application by 11:59 p.m. EST the day the job posting closes. It is mandatory that you provide a throughly completed application with all the necessary information to help us determine whether you meet the qualifications as outlined on the job posting. Failure to do so will result in your being screened out of the competition. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Thank you for your cooperation and assistance.