|POSITION:||Medical Radiation Technologist (Magnetic Resonance)|
|HOURS:||Approximately 75.0 bi-weekly hours|
Days / Evenings / Weekends / On Call
7.5 hours per shift (subject to change)
SCALE MINIMUM MAXIMUM
OPSE08 $32.42/hr $44.77/hr
- The primary function of this position is to perform all types of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) examinations on all types of patients in a caring customer focused manner consistent with your level of knowledge, skill, judgement and training, while adhering to all OCH and department policies and procedures.
- Under minimal supervision, the incumbent is responsible for careful use of all imaging equipment, including office equipment used to perform associated duties.
- Perform all routine and specialized examinations while giving attention to radiation and electro-magnetic protection and special requests so as to produce images of the highest quality.
- Practice within the Code of Ethics of the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario and the Canadian Association of Medical Radiological Technologists, the hospital and department policies and procedures, and take particular precautions to follow the isolation procedures and use protective devices provided when exposed to infectious patients.
- Demonstrate QCH values: accountability, innovation, respect
- Graduated from an accredited school of Medical Radiation Technology with a specialty in Magnetic Resonance (MR)
- Must be registered with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (CMRTO) as a MRT(MR)
- Current CPR certification
- Registered with the CAMRT preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent technical and patient care skills
- General knowledge regarding the operation of computers, automated and semi-automated instrumentation/equipment.