Candidates are invited to apply for the position of Payroll Administrator at the Corporate Office located in Markham, Ontario.
The incumbent will be responsible for effectively and accurately processing complex biweekly payrolls in a high-volume payroll department. The incumbent will act as a resource to our facilities and internal departments for payroll matters. They will ensure that payroll policies and procedures are followed in compliance with internal and external audit requirements.
This position will be located at our Head Office in Markham, Ontario and will have flexibility for both remote and in-office work based on our hybrid work model.
- Process bi-weekly payrolls for multiple facilities (union and non-union) in a timely manner while ensuring accuracy of each payroll. Pay cycle activities include but are not limited to;
- Activate and de-activate income and deduction codes requested by facility.
- Verify pay period dates
- Audit the hours/earnings/rates prior to uploading to the Infinium Payroll System
- Complete all required steps to process and post payrolls
- Reconcile and balance payroll
- Transmit payroll to bank
- Prepare manual cheques in compliance with established payroll approval procedures
- Make adjustments to vacation accumulators requested by facility
- Check payroll outcomes after adjustments are entered and payroll run is completed
- Co-ordinate and process off-cycle payroll run (bonus, vacation, etc)
- Process employee terminations (severance, vacation pay, etc)
- Process Record of Employment; ensure the information reported is accurate. Upload ROE on web on the regular basis.
- Respond to internal and external payroll inquiries. Escalate where necessary.
- Assist facilities with the processing of payroll data.
- Process third party remittances as required
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Minimum of 1-2 years of payroll experience with solid systems and payroll knowledge
- Working knowledge of standard payroll practices, company policies, and ESA
- Working knowledge of collective agreements
- PCP or CPM preferred or in progress
- Intermediate Excel skill and other windows applications
- Well organized, self-motivated and high energy to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player
What Extendicare has to offer:
At Extendicare, we believe that working as a team creates an environment that allows us to reach our potential. We value each employee, encourage equal opportunity for growth and recognize achievement. As a valued member of our team, you can expect:
- Continuous mentorship, support for life-long learning and growth opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth within the organization
- A rewarding and meaningful work experience where you can enrich your life and the lives of others through your work.
- Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Robust benefits package.
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 operated senior care and living centres, as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 individuals are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Extendicare’s Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Extendicare’s hiring process.
View all careers available at : Extendicare.