As part of the Cornwall Community Hospital, you will uphold the mission, vision and ICARE values in order to create a safe environment for patients/clients, families, staff, physicians and volunteers, recognizing ‘Patient Safety’ and our hospital’s ‘Senior Friendly Strategies’ as a top priority in creating a culture of safety and ‘The Workplace of Choice’. Cornwall Hospital is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment/selection process.
Summary of responsibilities
Reporting to the Pharmacy Supervisor, you will be an integral member of the Pharmacy team and be accountable for the pharmacotherapy for patients to ensure optimal patient care is achieved as well as embody a culture of caregiver inclusion in the patient’s plan of care. You will be evaluating evidence-based medicine to support your recommendations and to develop improvement strategies for drug utilization.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Identify, prevent, and resolve patients’ drug therapy problems through the development and implementation of a therapeutic plan
• Maintain professional conduct and standards in all aspects of his/her work and when interacting with hospital staff and the public
• Interpret, assess and where necessary, clarify the physicians’ medication orders
• Participate in the education of patients and their families regarding drug therapy where appropriate.
• Check and verify dispensing and compounding activities of pharmacy technicians when needed, including oncology systemic therapy orders and preparations.
• Participate in hospital committees as assigned
• Share evening and week-end coverage
Requirements of the job
• Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or Pharm D
• Current registration as a licensed Pharmacist with the Ontario College of Pharmacists, Part A.
• Completion of hospital pharmacy residency or equivalent experience is an asset
• Demonstrated interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and communication skills
• Self-motivated and able to take initiative.
• Experience in providing exceptional patient centred care
• Experience in hospital pharmacy systems and distribution systems are an asset.
• Functional level in both official languages (oral and written in English; oral in French)
• Membership in the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists is an asset