Join our team and provide safe and effective medication preparation and distribution to all clinical in-patient units and select outpatient areas here at Hawkesbury District and General Hospital
At Hawkesbury District and General Hospital, our Pharmacy department plays a pivotal role in ensuring the safe distribution and service of medications in order to facilitate successful patient treatment outcomes in accordance with regulatory and accreditation standards. The management and distribution of drug therapy is critical that high quality and safe care is consistently delivered to our patients. As we continue to grow our pharmacy operations, we are seeking a Registered Pharmacist to join our team.
Are you a qualified Registered Pharmacist, who is a team player and is comfortable with technology? Do you work effectively in conjunction within a pharmacy team and other health care providers? Are you able to provide compassionate patient centered care? If you answered yes to the questions above, we invite you to read the details below and apply to this exciting career opportunity at Hawkesbury District and General Hospital.
• Responsible for the provision of clinical pharmacy services (all in-patients units and ou-patients units such as MDU and ED) for the purpose of achieving defined pharmaceutical outcomes to improve the patients’ quality of life.
• Drug use control responsibilities, including review of physician’s orders, creation and maintenance of computerized patient medication profiles, IV admixture, chemotherapy preparation, drug information, Drug Therapy Monitoring and adverse drug reaction reporting.
• Support and transition to Computer Provider Order Entry (CPOE) and verification of prescriptions in the EPIC system, clinical pharmacotherapy monitoring, checking of chemotherapy, and selective medications dispensing.
• Development and implementation of new care programs, development of protocols and treatment guides, participation on various hospital committees
• Other duties as assigned
• Baccalaureate of Science in Pharmacy from a recognized university OR
An equivalent combination of training and experience as determined by the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP)
• Registration with OCP as a Pharmacist in Ontario (or eligible)
• Working knowledge of modern hospital care and drug therapy optimization
• Hospital pharmacy experience and completion of a hospital Residency is preferred
• Possess a working knowledge of both official languages
• Hospital residency program preferred (ACPR) or 2 years’ experience in hospital practice
• Previous hospital experience in oncology and IV admixtures an asset.
• Experienced with the decentralised pharmacist model, where a considerable amount of time is spent in being part of the clinical team (Physician, nurses, and patient).
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize a consistent and varied workload.
• Ability to direct and teach staff.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills in both official languages in order to facilitate effective communication with patients, peers, and other health care providers
• Demonstrated ability to identify, prevent and resolve drug related problems.
• Knowledge of NAPRA Professional Competencies, CSHP Standards of Practice and OCP standards of Practice
• Flexibility, adaptability and ability to manage change
• Problem solving and decision making skills in a variety of situations
• Knowledge of and commitment to the principles of patient & family centered care
• Knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety
FULL-TIME REPLACEMENT UNITL AUGUST 2024 APPROXIMATELY
HGH is a bilingual community hospital which has more than 800 employees and 160 physicians, and serves the Prescott-Russell region in Ontario.
With a heritage of over 100 years of quality care delivery, HGH is known for its culture of compassion, spirit of innovation and excellence of care. HGH is now growing and becoming a full-service regional hospital to meet the changing need of the community.
HGH offers to its employees a dynamic clinical environment that promotes a diverse and interdisciplinary professional practice. Our hospital offers access to services among the best in the region, including 40 specialized clinics, in addition to the full range of general care and services. The opportunities for professional challenges and career advancement are diverse and encourage all to excel.
As a pre-condition of employment:
- All new HGH employees will be required to obtain and provide a satisfactory Police Records Check dated within six (6) months from the date of issue.
- As of now, HGH will require all employees, physicians, learners, contractors and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
At HGH, we are committed to promoting an accessible work environment where all employees and candidates feel respected. We support the principles of adaptation in the workplace. If you need workplace accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process or anytime thereafter, please notify a member of the Human Resources team. We will be pleased to assist you and accommodate your needs.