Job Posting Reference Number
Position: Pharmacy Technician
Status: Part-Time (0.2 FTE)
Schedule: Days/ Weekends [7.5-hour shifts]
Salary: $28.94 – $33.37 hourly*
(*plus a percent in lieu of benefits and vacation)
Duties to Commence: As soon as possible
Our Pharmacy Services department provides safe and effective medication management services in an environment demonstrating the values of honesty, accountability, respect and teamwork. Our systems include profiled automated dispensing cabinets and non-hazardous sterile compounding with activities underway in preparation for conversion to CPOE, BMV and eMAR.
We currently have an opening available for a Part-Time Pharmacy Technician. This position, which reports to the Manager, Pharmacy Services will provide the following services, including but not limited to:
- Collaborate with all members of the health care team to provide safe and effective medication services for our patients.
- Complete Best Possible Medication Histories
- Computer entry of medication orders
- Purchasing and Inventory control activities
- Prepare non-hazardous sterile compounds
- Package medications in unit-dose format
- Participate in narcotic and controlled drug inventory activities
- Participate on committees and task groups.
- Engage in preparations for implementation of CPOE, BMV and eMAR.
- Registration with the OCP mandatory
- Recent hospital pharmacy experience
- Experience in unit-dose drug distribution and automated pharmacy systems
- Certification in non-hazardous sterile preparation
- Knowledge of hospital pharmacy purchasing procedures
- Well – developed organizational, prioritization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast –paced environment
- Demonstrate a commitment to teamwork, patient care and a safe and healthy environment for all.
ARH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process please contact Human Resources at (613) 623-3166 to let us know how we can assist you. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.