Eastern Ontario Regional Laboratory Association (EORLA) is currently offering a career development opportunity for the role of Regional Discipline Manager, Biochemistry and POCT. Reporting to the Director, Regional Operations, the RDM provides leadership, direction and day-to-day operational management to the EORLA Biochemistry and POCT reference laboratory programs. This role is responsible for providing oversight to the practices, processes and procedures which support the effective and efficient day-to-day delivery of services. The RDM also serves as a resource and subject matter expert within their discipline and is responsible for providing advice and support to the broader leadership team.
• Manages the day-to-day operations by translating corporate strategic directions and priorities into discipline specific goals and objectives;
• Maintains an up-to-date understanding of accreditation standards, provincial regulations and standards related to the provision of laboratory services and regulatory reporting;
• Leads a team of laboratory professionals and collaborates with the lab directors and member hospital stakeholders to foster an environment of quality patient care;
• Implements strategic initiatives at the department level by effectively deploying resources;
• Creates a working environment that promotes effective team building and continuous process improvement;
• Acts as a liaison and subject matter expert in the interpretation of policies, procedures and recommended service delivery changes as developed and/or determined by the Regional Discipline Committee for biochemistry and POCT;
• Is accountable for developing, implementing and ensuring compliance with laboratory service policies, procedures that meet regulatory requirements and Ontario Laboratory Accreditation (OLA) standards;
• Keeps apprised of issues, trends and best practice initiatives as they pertain to quality, risk and the effective delivery of laboratory medicine in order to make recommendations to the operations strategic model;
• Leads and guides the development and implementation of significant initiatives, strategies and approaches in support of discipline initiative strategies and approaches, change management initiatives or continuous quality improvements efforts;
• Provides support and advice to the Director, Regional Operations, various committees, and working groups within and outside of EORLA;
• Demonstrates managerial experience in human resources management, labour relations, financial management, project management, process management, facilitation, change management, conflict resolution, health administration, and health care law.
The hiring salary range for this position is from $118,565.85 to $136,347.90
Days, 8 hour shifts. For information purposes only – EORLA reserves the right to change.
• An experienced leader with a post-secondary degree or diploma in science or laboratory medicine;
• Minimum of nine years’ clinical experience in biochemistry/POCT including three or more years in a management role;
• Specific and demonstrable experience in human resources management, financial management, project management and change management;
• A sound knowledge of relevant accreditation standards, hospital practices and procedures as they pertain to the provision of laboratory medicine, standards of practice and relevant regulations;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Highly motivated;
• Demonstrated organizational skills;
• Proven ability to build and sustain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and to foster a positive culture;
• Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle as regular travel between laboratory sites may be required.
As a pre-condition of employment, all new EORLA employees will be required to obtain and provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check dated within six (6) months from the date of issue.
*Mandatory Vaccination Policy*
Per EORLA’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, if you are successful in the selection process, an offer of employment is conditional upon presentation of government issued documentation confirming that you have been fully vaccinated with a vaccine that has been approved in Canada. Any individual who cannot be vaccinated on medical grounds or other grounds recognized by the Human Rights Code can request an accommodation.
Please note that with respect to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Ontario Human Rights Commission’s (OHRC) position has been that a singular belief or personal preference against vaccinations and/or masks is not protected on the ground of creed under the Code.
• Medical Laboratory Technologist in good standing with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario is an asset;
• Bilingual (French and English) is considered an asset.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Eastern Ontario Regional Laboratory Association (EORLA) is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please submit your online application by 11:59 p.m. EST the day the job posting closes. It is mandatory that you provide a throughly completed application with all the necessary information to help us determine whether you meet the qualifications as outlined on the job posting. Failure to do so will result in your being screened out of the competition. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Thank you for your cooperation and assistance.