As part of the Cornwall Community Hospital, you will uphold the mission, vision and ICARE values in order to create a safe environment for patients/clients, families, staff, physicians and volunteers, recognizing ‘Patient Safety’ and our hospital’s ‘Senior Friendly Strategies’ as a top priority in creating a culture of safety and ‘The Workplace of Choice’. Cornwall Hospital is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment/selection process.
Summary of responsibilities
Function as a member of the Nursing Team within scope of practice. Provide/administer nursing care to patients according to policies, procedures and to the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) and CCH practice standards as well as embody a culture of caregiver inclusion in the patient’s plan of care.
Requirements of the job
• Graduate of a 2 year Community College Program
• Certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Valid Basic Life Support (BLS)
• Holds RPN medication administration certification
• Current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certification
• Demonstrated recent experience relevant to the area of practice (Medicine)
• Demonstrated regular, punctual attendance
• Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
• Functional proficiency in both official languages (oral and written in English; oral in French – and testing completed)
• Clinical competencies as related to the patient population served on the unit/program of employment
• Membership in RPNAO
Key skills or competencies
• Superior interpersonal organizational and communication skills
• Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team.
• Completes established curricula as required at the unit level
• Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to change
• Excellent patient assessment, critical thinking, communication (oral and written), and problem solving skills
• Ability to develop, implement, evaluate and adapt a therapeutic nursing plan (Care plan)