|CONDITIONS:||Temporary Part-time (0.45 FTE) for approximately two (2) months|
|HOURS:||Approximately 33.75 Bi-weekly Hours|
Days / Evenings / Nights / Weekends
11.25 hours per shift
(subject to change)
Scale Minimum Maximum
NONU $32.99/hr $45.557/hr
- Perform respiratory therapeutics and pulmonary and cardiac diagnostic testing on both inpatients and outpatients in various areas of the hosptial.
- Using a Patient Centered approach, assess the patient, establish treatment goals with the patient and formulate and impelment a plan in colloboration with physicians, nurses, and other members of the health care team. This plan will be reassessed for effectiveness and modified or terminated as appropriate.
- Perform respiratory therapy duties relating to critical care including transfers from one unit to another or inter-hospital.
- Provide patient education regarding the use of home oxygen and therapy equipment.
- Maintain clinical documentation in accordance with departmental standards, Health Records requirements, and standards of the College of Repiratory Therapists of Ontario.
- Communicate with the interdisiplinary team regarding the patients goals, plan, and progress by attending interdisciplinary team meetings and by completing documentation in accordance to QCH and professional standards.
- Work according to code of ethics and standards of the profession and the employee code of conduct of the Queensway Carleton Hospital.
- Ensure a safe environment for staff, patients and visitors. Uses the internal hospital reporting systems – Risk Incident Management System to report any risks to patient and/or staff safety. Reports Dangerous or hazardous items for repair or further action.
- Demonstrate QCH values, accountability, innovation, respect.
- Diploma in Respiratory Therapy
- Membership in good standing of the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario
- Basic Cardiac Life Saver (BCLS)
- Computer skills – email, word processing, spreadsheets, etc
- Post-graduate Respiratory Therapy courses
- Experience in a general hospital setting
- Experience in critical care: ICU/Emergency/paediatrics
- Experience working in an interdisciplinary team