Category: Nursing and Wellness
Location: Gloucester, ON
If you’re passionate about leading a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Registered Practical Nurse is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents through the strong leadership and motivation of Sienna team members.
As a Registered Practical Nurse your typical day will impact in the following ways:
• Maintaining accountability for the nursing and personal care of residents within the scope of training and licensure.
• Administering medications as prescribed in accordance with pharmacy policies & procedures and observes changes in condition and reports them to the Director of Wellness.
• Facilitating problem solving of resident / family concerns or complaints that arise and ensures complaints are communicated to the Director of Wellness / General Manager.
• Overseeing the Guest Attendants to ensure that care assignments are completed and that changes in residents’ needs are reported to the Director of Wellness.
• Monitoring team member compliance with the policy on monitoring resident well-being and ensures follow-up is completed as required.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Possess a current registration with the provincial licensed nursing college.
• Possess prior experience in gerontology / working with seniors in community or Retirement setting.
• Have comprehensive knowledge of medication administration practices through completion of an approved pharmacology course in accordance with professional standards.
• Be skilled in planning and supervising the work of other personnel.
• Current First Aid/CPR certification.
• All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check.
Bonus points for having:
• Smart serve and food handling certificate an asset.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.