|CONDITIONS:||Part-time (0.50 FTE)|
||Approximately 37.5 bi-weekly hours
3.75 hours per shift (subject to change)
Scale Minimum Maximum
OPSE13 $39.31/hr $50.09/hr
- To provide quality social work services to individual patients and their families.
- To provide timely psychosocial assessments and interventions
- To coordinate discharge plans with patients, their families, the multidisciplinary team and a wide range of community services
- To make referrals to appropriate community resources
- Demonstrate QCH values: accountability, innovation, respect
- Master of Social Work Degree in Clinical Social Work
- Member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Two years social work experience in a hospital setting or relevant/similar setting
- Experience in general medicine, geriatrics, palliative care and discharge planning.
- Must be comfortable dealing with end of life issues and providing guidance and support to families and team members.
- Excellent working knowledge of medical terminology and diagnoses
- Knowledge of a broad range of social and community services including placement resources for senior and chronically ill patients.
- Must be knowledgeable about adult protection legislation and the identification, reporting, intervention and documentation requirements in cases of abuse against women and seniors.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Health Care Consent and Substitute Decisions Acts and other appropriate legislation as it pertains to discharge planning and seniors
- Must demonstrate an advanced level of practice competence in psychosocial assessment; safety/risk assessment; crisis intervention and prevention; and grief, loss and adjustment counseling
- Motivation, energy, creativity and commitment to quality patient care
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with complex patient needs and system demands