Strategic Sourcing Officer
The Ottawa Hospital
Department Contracting & Procurement Serv
Union Group Non Union
Salary Range 35.276 – 41.511 Hour
Job ID 78063
Number of Vacancies 1
| About The Ottawa Hospital
Inspired by research and driven by compassion!
The Ottawa Hospital (TOH) is one of Canada’s largest learning and research multi-campus hospitals. With more than 1,100 beds and approximately 12,000 staff members, we deliver specialized care to the Eastern Ontario region.
From the compassion of our people to the relentless pursuit of new discoveries, The Ottawa Hospital never stops seeking solutions to the most complex health-care challenges while continually engaging with the community to support our vision for better patient care.
Working together with its research institute, the University of Ottawa, and other partners, the hospital is continually gaining national and international recognition for high-quality patient care, teaching and research, while striving to meet the needs of the culturally diverse community we serve.
| Position Information
Temporary position until approximately May 31, 2022.
Days, 8 hours.
| What you will do
Under the supervision of the Manager, Contracting & Procurement Services you will be responsible to:
- Drafts various competitive bid documents such as Tenders, Requests for Proposals, Requests for Quotation, Requests for Supplier Qualification and other solicitation contractual documents.
- Analyzes Bids or Proposals in conjunction with appropriate clinical /technical representatives and facilitates and provides expertise in the analysis process.
- Maintains effective communications with Programs, Service Areas, Partners and Vendors on a variety of contractual and service issues.
- Maintains effective internal communications within the team, category Lead and other category officers
- Plans, conducts, attends to and administrates site visits, product trials, demos and study meetings including travelling as needed.
- Researches information on equipment, products or services to develop the appropriate level of knowledge.
- Exercises creative approaches to developing contracts that satisfy user requirements.
- Educates various committee members on issues regarding contracting.
- Ensures principles of contract law are adhered to and ensures compliance with the Broader Public Sector directives.
- Facilitates the process of determining the exact specifications of the equipment, products or services required.
- Determines the most effective method for the acquisition of the requirement (e.g., should a Request for Expression of Interest or Request for Information be issued first; should a two-part RFP be developed to pre-qualify vendors; direct purchase vs. leasing; etc.).
- Conducts vendor debriefings and addresses disputes.
- Ensures the integrity and confidentiality of the contracting process.
- Ensures appropriate records and files are maintained to support contractual requirements.
- This position currently is supported by remote working the successful candidate must have a reliable internet connection.
| Basic Requirements
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or equivalent academic preparation and experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in strategic contracting and procurement;
- Advanced level of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel;
- Knowledge of Broader Public Sector Procurement Directives of Ontario;
- Advanced knowledge and use of Oracle, MERX and other relevant Materials Management systems in use within Contracting and Procurement;
- Excellent knowledge of Contracting and Procurement and Finance Policies;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and attributes;
- Strong skills in priority setting and ability to fulfill required tasks within tight deadlines;
- Must possess strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills;
- Ability to perform within a fast paced environment;
- Must possess a strong customer oriented approach with demonstrated ability to service internal, and external customers;
- Proven skills in managing vendor relations;
- Eligible to work in Canada.
| Preferred Qualifications
- Proven experience of minimum 1 year in contracting and procurement in Healthcare facility during the last 5 years;
- Knowledge of contracting best practices and guides in Construction field;
- Knowledge of contracting best practices and guides in Clinical supply and equipment field;
- Proficiency in English and French – oral expression (advanced level) and comprehension (advanced level).
| What you can expect from us
The Ottawa Hospital is committed to providing a healthy, safe, and inclusive work environment for everyone. We are driven by our purpose to provide each patient with the world-class care, exceptional service and compassion we would want for our loved ones.
We offer an attractive and equitable compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package, a Defined Benefit Pension (DBP) plan, and insurance protection. We also offer discounts from choice providers on a variety of products and services.
The Ottawa Hospital provides various Health and Wellness resources as well as opportunities for personal and professional development opportunities from our in-house Learning and Leadership Development team to help align your goals with your career objectives.
| Interested? Apply today!
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient safety as we are, we would like to hear from you. Please submit an on-line application for the position you are interested in. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The Ottawa Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the recruitment process.
View all careers available at : The Ottawa Hospital.