· Provision of nutritional education for individuals and their caregivers, the care team and to patient groups.
· Assessment of nutritional status and diagnosis for patients of the Integrated Forensic Program, including patients with metabolic/endocrine disorders, as required.
· Development, implementation and evaluation of nutrition care plans and monitoring interventions for individual patients.
· Work effectively and collaboratively in an interdisciplinary treatment team and contribute to interdisciplinary care planning.
· Provide clear documentation and communicate pertinent, concise information regarding individual patients to the other team members.
· Respond to program consultation requests for service in a timely fashion.
· Attend clinical meetings, family conferences, program/services meetings and clinical dietician meetings as required.
· Liaison with appropriate community agencies as required.
· Liaison with Food Services regarding patient care.
· Adhere to The Royal policies and procedures and College of Dieticians of Ontario standards including staying current with WHMIS training, fire demonstration, Fire and Emergency manual review and Accreditation.
· Participate in professional practice meetings and quality improvement activities
· Work in a manner that is in compliance with staff and patient/client safety practices, policies and procedures of The Royal.
· Ensure a work environment that is conducive to The Royal’s Harassment-Free Workplace policy.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Foods & Nutrition or equivalent.
· Accredited post-graduate internship or equivalent experience.
· Registration with College of Dieticians of Ontario.
· Knowledge of nutrition as it relates to psychiatry.
· Knowledge and experience working in a psychosocial rehabilitation model of practice.
· Previous experience in an adult psychiatric setting.
· WHMIS update in preceding 12 months.
· Must be computer proficient.
· Experience and comfort with interdisciplinary collaborative care.
· Adherence to patient and workplace safety policies and practices.
· English level A- is mandatory in oral expression, comprehension, reading & writing. Bilingual (French/English) is considered an asset.